Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Simple Way to Add Google News Feeds Into Your Wordpress Pages or Posts

If you are looking for a simple way to add Google News feeds into your Wordpress blog's pages or posts then you should check out this new plugin I came across in the Wordpress Plugin Repository earlier today. It allows you to do it with a shortcode and I found it easy to use on my sports blog.

I know there's many different ways to add external feeds to Wordpress and some allow you to have all kinds of different options when it comes to displaying them, but they can be very difficult to setup for new bloggers. They have so many options that it can actually be overwhelming and discouraging for someone just starting out. Trust me I know from personal experience!

Now I'll get back on track about using this plugin. Don't let the word shortcode scare you because they are not hard to use if you can copy and paste. The maker of the Simple Google News plugin has very easy instructions on how to use it.

You can display the searches by topic or even use a phrase if you'd like. You can also set the number of items that will be displayed and how much content the individual snippets will show. I like it and here's a link to the page I created on my sports blog with this plugin handling the feed.

Update: The plugin has been updated since I made this post and you can now display feeds in a widget on the sidebar of your blog if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment