Saturday, September 19, 2009

Site Security Needs To Be Your First Priority

Take it from me that your site security needs to be priority #1. I found this out the hard way and paid a heavy price for it. I admit that I was a little lax in that area and I will be more vigilant from now on. My site Beltwayboysports.com was hacked and destroyed and all of my content is gone and I'm sick about it because I had around 200 posts. So we are now in the process of starting from scratch. Don't let that happen to you! Another bone headed decision that I made was not keeping a back up of the site even though people had suggested that I should, so you should do that as well. I am looking at this as a lesson learned, a hard lesson. Don't think that it can't or won't happen to you because it can, take it from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment