Saturday, November 14, 2009

Blogging Advice For A Rookie Blogger

I'm not a seasoned blogging veteran by no means and will not claim to be an expert either. I have been blogging close to a year and still love it as much as the day I started, if not, more! I have learned a ton about what is going on through trial and error. When I found out what a blog was and fell in love I had no real computer skills and have had to learn everything myself . That is one of the biggest reasons I started this site, I want to gear it towards the people like me who are wanting to learn about the Blogosphere. The first thing people need to know is that it takes a big commitment in time and patience to learn if you want to earn money from your blog.  I almost forgot about determination. There will be times when you get discouraged and wonder what the hell am I doing this for and feel like quitting. You must continue and fight through it. It has happened to me a couple times. Make a plan for your blog before you start and list what goals you want to achieve. Do you plan on making money from your blog? What is your blog going to be about? I would suggest either Blogger.com or Wordpress.com to start with because they seem to be the most popular and they are free. Both are fairly easy to use and you will have your first blog up in no time and can get going. I wish I would have started like that. You are not allowed to run ads on Wordpress.com, but you are able to do it on a self hosted Wordpress.org blog. In that case you will need to register a domain name, it is the name of your site. The cost is around $10 per year. After that you will need a host for your blog and that is around $5, but could be more depending on what your trying to accomplish. Some places online will let you register your domain and host it as well. After sitting down and figuring out how much time I have spent on learning as much as I can about all the different aspects of what goes into making a successful site I have come to the conclusion that Site Build it is the best deal going and it's not even close in my opinion. I want to let you know that I am an affiliate of Site Build It and I want to make that perfectly clear. I did not find out about them before I got going and I will be moving my other site, Beltwayboysports.com over to them. Don't just take my word for it, go and look at them for yourself and then decide what will be best for you. Even if you don't use them, you can become an affiliate and they offer a ton of free information about building websites and blogs all for free. The material they provide you is topnotch and very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment