Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Learn To Use Facebook And Build Your Community

I have started learning how to set up a Facebook page for my sports blog and see that it can be used to drive traffic and get new site readers. I admit that I'm a little late to the party,but late is better than never! It's free to use and not to difficult to set up even though I'm having some issues getting it like I want. I blame it on myself because I'm still learning all the ropes of blogging and social media. Another aspect of making your blog successful is to build your site as a community, Darren Rowse from Problogger.net goes into this topic deeper on his site. I remember thinking, "What the hell is this dude talking about?", when I first read it. Now I really get what he is talking about. You need to engage your readers by asking questions, letting them submit content and interacting with each other. It becomes like a family and that creates a loyal readership which helps your blog grow!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment