Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things To Consider Before You Trot Out Into The Blogosphere

I was upset and venting a little the other day because trying to get a handle on all this blogging and earning revenue is a battle with peaks and valleys that we all go through and I was frustrated, again! There really is so much that needs to come together in order to "make it" online as a blogger. I started with no knowledge and feel I have learned a tremendous amount about blogging and how things work in the blogosphere, but I still have not put it all together and that is where my frustration lies, within myself because it's not coming together as quick as I want it or need it to! I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will read this that can understand where I'm coming from with this. I have plenty of great ideas and things I want to do online, but that is not enough because my lack of other essential online skills are what I feel is holding me back. I'm not giving up by no means and will continue to forge ahead and learn those skills, I can't quit because I know in my heart that I can do this. I will say that you need to have a plan before you start this and start planning as soon as you decide to become a blogger. You need to have a PR Plan for your site and have an understanding of how search engines work because you must be able to get site traffic. How will you earn money through your blog if you want to? It takes more than just good content although that is essential to your sites survival, no exceptions to that! Also you need to make your readers feel engaged with your content, I have learned that as I have gone along here. I'm talking about through comments and feedback on your site. So as you see it's a lot, but not unattainable in my opinion. I have become convinced that a group blogging effort is the way to go if you can find the right group of people to join up with and you all have the same goals and agendas to make it work. What do you think and why? I'm curious to hear what other people have to say on this and really appreciate any feedback that you can provide.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment