Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Selling My Own Ad Space

Something I've been wanting to do for awhile is to sell my own ad space and cut out the middle man, but let my own fear hold me back. Well that stops today! I will be attempting to sell ads on my other site, BeltwayBoy Sports as well as this one. I have a PayPal account, but need to learn how to get everything linked together in order to make it work. I'm sick of trying to deal with ad networks that look good, but produce almost nothing in return. Don't get me wrong here, I will continue using some networks until the time comes that I don't need too. I just feel the value isn't where it should be for many of the ones I've checked out. The best thing is to do it yourself if possible and I fully understand that sometimes your circumstances prevent you from being able, but when possible I think you should. I remember when I was starting to blog and reading something about selling your own ad space and could never see myself ever getting to this point, but I feel like the time has come and I need to try it. What is the worst thing that could happen, I make no sales? I hope that doesn't happen, but you can never succeed if you don't try! Even if I stumble a bit, at least I'm trying, and all you can do is give it your best shot and let the chips fall where they may!

No comments:

Post a Comment