Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Really Starting To Dig Into Wordpress

I'm a huge fan of Wordpress.org and that's what I started out using for my sports blog, I like everything you can do with it if you know how.  My site doesn't look that bad, but I'm not happy and want to add some different elements for my readers, but I don't know exactly how.

I'm scared because I don't want to screw my site up or something even worse like making it crash. So I've decided to really get into learning how to customize things because using to many plugins can also cause site problems.

I understand the basics of making the site look presentable, but I want to dig even deeper so that I can really make it more appealing and interactive as well. My goal is to build a community for sports fan's and I'd really like to have additional site writers as well, but not sure how to make it all happen.

I've always been scared to let people sign up for fear of making a mistake on configuring it. Here's a small list of the things I'm looking to do with my sports blog:

  • Free Membership Sign Up With Posting Abilities For Members
  • Forum
  • Sports Ticker
  • Membership Interaction
  • Generate And Share Revenue With Members/Writers

No comments:

Post a Comment