Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Social Networking Sites Can Be A Very Powerful Tool For New Bloggers

Social networking sites can be a very powerful tool for anyone and especially new bloggers who are just starting out, I admit that it took me a little while to grasp this concept when I first started. Don't make my mistake and get yourself out there if you haven't already started, you will thank me later, I promise! I waited like 6 or 7 months before I signed up with Twitter and then another 2 months until I joined Facebook. Now looking back on it I realize my mistake in not getting into the game sooner.

I didn't see the reason why I should sign up because I thought it was a big waste of my time and I was not about to drive traffic to Twitter or a Facebook when I needed traffic for my sports blog! What an idiotic way to think now that I look back on it, but you live and you learn or at least your supposed too. Don't worry if you don't know anyone on either site because you will be able to find like minded people who share your likes and in some cases, dislikes. The key is to get into the game, because you can't win if you aren't playing.

One of the coolest aspects is that you can set them up to be updated automatically whenever you post to your blog! It will post a link in a tweet on Twitter that links back to your blog and with Facebook you have the option to post a link or the whole post. These sites can not only help to drive traffic to your blog, but help you earn money as well or even land you a job. I wouldn't worry about trying to make any money on them until you have built up some credibility.

I'm a huge advocate for using social networking sites because there is a lot of benefits for you if done correctly. You don't need to spend all your time on these sites because you still have a blog your trying to get off the ground. It's very easy to lose track of time and to get sidetracked which is a huge problem for lots of bloggers because I see other people saying the same exact thing. It was something I struggled with after I got into it and realized that I had made a mistake and should have arrived at the dance a little earlier.





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment